Friday, September 27, 2013

Blog Entry 4


       Christopher Maurice Brown was born May 5, 1989 in Tappahannock Virginia. He song in his church choir and performed in many school talent shows. At 15 years old he signed to Jive Records and came out with his first hit  song "Run it" followed by his self- titled album. He is most known for his singing, dancing, acting, painting and clothing line. He had some negative spotlight moments. In 2009, he assaulted his former girlfriend Rihanna, got into some fights with other artists. He has also been claimed to be apart of war shipping the devil and using some symbols to put it out in his song Fallen Angel in 2007. 
         "Fallen Angel" can be viewed many ways, i viewed it as him talking about a girl that's been hurt and the other way is speaking of the devil. When he say heavens gate, he can be symbolizing that when she allow him to love her she would be happy, "When i get to heavens gate, she would welcome me with her arms..." Now at the same the time if you play the song backwards there's a hidden message. "I'm singing and i'm poor, he swore to work with me, because we will release the fear about his day with Adam". Here it seems to be speaking about him selling his soul to the devil  because the devil said he would help him with fame.
        When you think of the title of the song "Fallen Angel, break it up. When Chris said angel, many people could take it different ways but the denotation (actual meaning) is One who manifests goodness, purity, and selflessness or  A guardian spirit or guiding influence. Angels are usually described as godly supernaturals that have wings. Now if someone is an angel, how can you fall? According to the bible, the devil was in heaven at one point but because he "disobeyed" "God" he was sent to be alone in a different world, that he made "Hell".
               According to La Vista Church Of Christ website, "Satan does not fight fairly... Many of his weapons are not easily identified...he uses cunning and deception to make sin look attractive and appealing". So with artists making songs that sound one way but played backwards can be a hidden message. Listening to the song "Fallen Angel" it seems like he's describing a girl that's been hurt so bad. she lost everything and feel alone. After listening to it backwards it sends chills down my spine. Chris is saying that he sold his soul to get fame. The devil(devil war- shippers) convinced him that he would become big and that's what he wanted.
 
 
 
If I could, take a trip, to outer space,
She would be the one, I will see, when I get, to Heavens gate,
She would welcome me, with her arms, open wide and her smile,
Would shine on me brighter than the sun,
She hasn't had a fair chance, so I'll give her one

Let me tell you who she is yea

She's a fallen angel (sent from heaven up above)
She's a fallen angel (waiting for me to love her, yea)
She's a fallen angel (take your judgement off her)
(I know cause) she's a fallen angel (you know)

Maybe I should, help her mend, her broken wings, so she can fly again,
But I don't, wanna lose everything that I've gained,
Does that make me a selfish man oh,
'Cause without my heart just don't go, no more, no more,
I couldn't take the pain of watching her fly away

So say that you'll stay, she's my

She's a fallen angel (sent from heaven up above)
She's a fallen angel (waiting for me to love her, yea)
She's a fallen angel (so take your judgement off her)
(I know cause) she's a fallen angel (don't' you)

Baby don't you worry, I'm gonna help you fly,
Just take me under your wing and we can reach the sky
Baby don't you worry, I'm gonna help you fly,
Lil mama don't you worry you gonna reach the sky, (she's a)

She's a fallen angel (hey, hey, sent from heaven up above, just for me)
She's a fallen angel (waiting for me to wrap my heart around her, no)
She's a fallen angel (we can do without your judgement, oh)
She's a fallen angel (yea, oh)

Baby I know, I know that they hurt you, but I'm here, to take it all away, so if you let me, you know what just put your heart in my hands, and everything they said, I take it back, like this:

[following lyrics rewound]

You don't mean nothing,
I don't want ya,
I don't need ya,
Never loved ya,
You're nobody,
You'll never make it,
You're a mistake, oh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDru9zaDNe8

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVstudies/Genesis/15_satan.htm

http://www.urbanlyrics.com/lyrics/chrisbrown/fallenangel.html

      

       

                   

5 comments:

  1. Jaquoia was very direct when it came to the symbolism of the song. She explained and made it clear she understood what the song was about. Interesting I did not know Chris Brown is also part of that "group". Ha! Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lean something new everyday :) Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. Interest song of choice, you gave good explanation plus details but I think you could emphasize on the symbols more in song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you've written so far. You should review some of the grammar as well. Also, I do agree with Keith, you should focus a little more on the song regarding symbols and interpretation rather than so many details of the artist. (But it's Chris Brown, who wouldn't lol :-D )

    ReplyDelete